First baby!

tuffers

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Andover, Well.... Hampshire, south England, UK
I have some guppies in my community tank that I got off of my leacturer at college when they were just fry. They have been in there for a while and arent yet fully grown, this is the first time they have had any fry, I have 1 in a breeding trap, and this is the only one I have seen and the guppy still seems huge! Dont guppy's usually have all of their fry at once? or is it just because it is not fully grown yet and it cant hold too many fry at the same time?? Any explanations?

Thanks alot

Tuffers

not a clue m8 but congrats anyway, im still waiting for my first batch of guppies bin waitin ages nar but they are very fat

i have fishes that never drop all at once. they drop maybe 5-8 a week :angry:

No, they dont have all their fry at once, some of them hold on because some of their fry has developed qucikly more than the other, so the mother lets go of the others, and if you are saying this about the one in the breeding trap, she maybe stressed, because those things are small and dont have alot of room, and she when they are stressed can abort their birth, that is why breeding aint to easy, because you have to hook out the mother JUST before they give birth, and that is hard to predict... Congrat on your new fry, i had a same sort of situation as well happen to me just a few months ago, i was at college, i had just got home and saw two small things swimming in the bottom of my tank, when i looked closer, i literally JUMPED FOR JOY... i had to tell everyone in the house, there was only two though :( clearly they were bron sometime in the morning just after i went to college, and the female was in the main tank, this was when my CAE was in the same tank, and he must of got some of the fry, but they have grown up and both swimming around very happly with mummy now, who is due to drop my third batch of fry ;)

But congrats to you mate, trust me, fry are enjoyable and give you lots of satisfaction to see them grow up

;)

Most reactions

Back