Firefish Goby

The purple firefish has a unicorn too but its not a sharp or long.

As for starting a marine tank to house them, they need covers as they will jump but apart from that they are peacefuland need plenty of hiding spaces. If you introduce them all at once then it will stop quarrels. but once established they will swim togetherwith their heads into the flow of water ready to catch any food that passes their way.

Ooh i'm so excited to learn more bout them - I just think they are the most magical little creatures I've ever seen.

Usually fish are so intriguing to be because they're so disgusting looking. I kinda get creeped out at fish stores when I'm walking between two rows of tanks because I start to feel like I'm in the water with them. (I'm a severe paranoid wacko :) ) Lionfish, for instance, creep me out to no end. They give me the willies.

Firefish was actually one of those adorable cute faces with a magical aura around it (that sounds retarded, doesn't it?)

Anyway, I do love firefishes.

I know exactly what you mean Bettamomma :D

Once you see them in your own tank and can view their entire behaviou then you soon get to see just how lovable and peaceful they are. .. They actually remind me of a family of meer cats! so i guess they are the meer cats of the marine world :p

mine had a runin with a grouper... not a pretty outcome... 11 dollar herbivore vs. 20 dollar white spotted grouper... thing couldn't find a place to hide fast enough :(

YIKES - so I went to PetWorld to oogle at my little magical beauties, and one of the guys working there told me I could keep one of them in a 5 gallon tank. I looked at him like this -_- , then I said "Good god I hope you don't ever tell anyone else that again" and I walked out of the store.

I was dumbfounded.

well to be honest he is probably techincally correct. However there is a vast difference in keeping one alive in 5 gallons and having a thriving one is 20 gallons.

You did the right thing and perhaps he will think twice before handing out such irrisponsible information.

Yeah, I suppose it's similar to the whole "bettas CAN live in those little jars but do you think they like to?" thing, huh?

BettaMomma said:
Ooh i'm so excited to learn more bout them - I just think they are the most magical little creatures I've ever seen.

Usually fish are so intriguing to be because they're so disgusting looking. I kinda get creeped out at fish stores when I'm walking between two rows of tanks because I start to feel like I'm in the water with them. (I'm a severe paranoid wacko :) ) Lionfish, for instance, creep me out to no end. They give me the willies.

Firefish was actually one of those adorable cute faces with a magical aura around it (that sounds retarded, doesn't it?)

Anyway, I do love firefishes.
I know exactly how u feel. There is a LFS i sometimes go to and in the winter they have their KOi inside and when i am looking at the tanks and standing in front of one it feels like they are gonna jump out at me.

Whats so wrong with lionfish? :D

LOOK:
creepyFishy.jpg

EEK - yikes.

Don't get me wrong - they're very elegant and intriguing fish, but if I were to ever be stuck in a body of water with one of them I'd probably break a limb trying to get away.
-_-

BettaMomma said:
LOOK:
creepyFishy.jpg

EEK - yikes.

Don't get me wrong - they're very elegant and intriguing fish, but if I were to ever be stuck in a body of water with one of them I'd probably break a limb trying to get away.
-_-
That right there is a RUssells lionfish and probly the Best fish ever IMO. Its not like you'll get killed if it touches you. THey arent even very poisonous. Dont worry when my big tank becomes saltwater i will post lsots of pictures of all my little lionfish friends for u :p

They are a pretty amazing type of fish - I do have to say that.

But next to a firefish goby, it's sorta like beauty and the beast.

:rolleyes:

fishy411, did you always have a lionfish for your avatar? or did you change it after I started picking on them?

heh heh

LOL.. well lions are nice, but imo i would never have one, cant put em with other fish ina reef and i simply adhore reefs :p

Most reactions

Back