Fin rot help

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

amityv

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
a week ago my mother gave me 2 black moores that she had in her tank for about 4 days. she said that it looked as if some of her other fish were bullying them. there tails were a little frayed like bites were taken out of them and 1 had some skin missing just above his eye. so i took them home and put them in my 55 gallon tank with my fish. i have 1 plecko, 3 calico fantails, 2 algae eaters and now 4 black moores total. the 2 fish i brought home are doing great.
well last night my mother called and said that she thinks that the 2 fish she gave me has fin rot. they eat well and get along fine with my other fish. i am just concerned about my other fish. is fin rot something my other fish will contract. and if i leave them untreated will they heal. i remove 25 percent of my water every week and conditon my water when i add water back in with aqua safe water conditoner. i have a 30-60 aqua tech filter system . and i keep a close eye on my aquarium every day to make sure everything is doing well. will they be ok just left alone.

I've moves this to the Coldwater section :thumbs:

Fin rot is infectus. As it is usually caused by stress. If another fish has been bullying it. Then this is the cause.
There are treatments for this, see your local shop for which ones they have and treat as stated.
The fins will cure in time.
Removing the causes of stress will do wonders :)

Most reactions

Back