Feeding!

pcam86

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi, I know there are probably a few other feeding questions floating around but i just wanted to clear somethin up.

In my new tank i've currently got 5 neons (sad that the smallest neon always seems to be alone) and 2 platys. How much food should i feed them because i'm scared of not feeding them enough and also overfeeding. The instructions on my food says feed them 2-3 times a day for 2 minutes but i thought this was way too much. I've fed them tonight (the first night i've had them) and i gave them around 3 flakes. Can anyone help me out with this?? -_-

The biggest problem with overfeeding is left over food. I'm sure that eating too much could be a problem if taken to excess though. I feed most of my fish twice a day and make sure they et all the food right away (I don't time it, but two minutes is probably close). Just make sure they don't leave anything behind as it will hamper your water quality.

It is always better to underfeed than to overfeed. Fish are cold blooded, they require less food than a warm blooded animal. I read somewhere that a fish's stomach is around the size of their eye. I use this as a guide, & feed once or twice daily for adults, 3 times daily for fry.

Tolak

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back