Everything I will Need

ChristineVT7

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm considering getting a fish tank around 30 - 36 gallons. Can someone tell me everything I will need to get my tank started. Also, any suggestions on what type of fish would do well in this type of tank. It would most likely be a freshwater tank and I would like to have a decent amount of color and activity in it. How long does it take for a tank to cycle and how many fish should be added at a time when starting out?

:dunno:

Christine go to FINS click on Your First Aquarium then have fun reading, your questions will be answered.

Hi Chrissy...here is something that I didn't get when I was buying. I'm not a salesman, but here are some brands to look into:

1) Filter...check out an AquaClear outside power filter or if into canisters, Eheim
2) Ebo Jager makes an excellent aquarium heater
3) If you think you are going to upgrade your tank, ie, add live plants, think about getting a glass tank hood. Some of the all plastic tank hoods limit you as far as improving your lighting. No one told me this when I bought my All-Glass aquarium
4) Buy the largest tank you have room for, can afford and are willing to take care of. You may just get addicted to this like all of us.

Just a few thoughts. Good luck and have fun

im new to but don't forget the bigger teh tank the more forgiving on mistakes, asit takes longer to effect the water as a whole the more water there is

Most reactions

Back