Endlers

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

crazywolf

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I went to the LFS yesturday to get some guppies to try my hand at livebearers. However when I got there they had this awesome looking fish. Turns out it was an endler. They had 6 so I bought them thinking it would be cool to raise them instead of the guppies. However much to my chagrin the females look nothing like the males and they had no females. So now I have 6 males and no females. I'm getting ready to order some more puffer's so hopefully can order some female's in but I've never had livebearers before. How many females should I get? Is there anything specific about the Endlers I should know? I know they should be bred responsibly.

chances are that your Lfs cannot order female endlers. Most suppliers will not sell any females, you can go to www.petfish.net and order some from the "stock shop" from Clint, ive done it that way...very nice fish!

I have a ton of endlers I've been breeding them awhile now. For 6 males,I'd get 12-18 females. They are very horny and persistent and will bother females to no end,I suggest 2-3 per 1 male. The are so easy to breed,you don't need to do a thing. They'll do it for you. Just keep the water clean,keep the temp around 78 degrees and you have it made. Keep them pure,they are worth a nice chunk of change if you sell breeding groups. :hey:

Thanks for the advice Heather. Are you selling yours? Whats your handle on aquabid? I'm already bidding on some but depending on what mix I get I might need more females.

Most reactions

Back