Easy to grow plants

BigJfish12

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello all,
Just wanting some suggestions on some easy to grow plants as I am a begginer to planted aquariums. Was thinking maybe pennywort and ambulia. Maybe a floating plant if I can find some in my area for sale.

All mine are regarded as easy, although my frogbit has some special requirements

- hornwort
- elodea densa
- willow moss (but normally found in cooler set ups or ponds)
- vallis
- amazon frogbit, floating plant (limnobium laevigatum)
- crinum thaianum

I’ve got quite a bit of Java fern… it’s tolerant of a lot of water conditions be prepared to get a few pond snails unless you are buying tissue cultures

Hello all,
Just wanting some suggestions on some easy to grow plants as I am a begginer to planted aquariums. Was thinking maybe pennywort and ambulia. Maybe a floating plant if I can find some in my area for sale.
Hello Big. There are several that don't need anything special. Here are a few: Dwarf Water Lettuce, Hornwort, Pennywort, Anubias, Java Fern, Water Sprite, Anacharis (Elodea) and if you want something that gets much larger, then Chinese Evergreen is excellent. But it can be toxic to household animals like cats and dogs. If you keep it, it's best to not allow it grow out of the tank. This will keep it away from any household pets.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Last edited:
Big. Attached is a photo of a small Chinese Evergreen, just for reference. The root system can grow nearly as large as the plant and the roots act a a natural water filter. This is a land plant. So, it will remove considerably more nitrogen than aquatic plants. I keep this one small by trimming the leaves regularly.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Attachments

• IMG_4536.jpg
    IMG_4536.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 16

Most reactions

trending

Back