double tails + crowntail

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

iloveyou

Fish Herder
Reaction score
i went to a store about 2 months ago and found some kinda crowntail female bettas, and some huge beasts...

i went back today, and found a pineapple double tail, shes like yellow/orange body with red/purple fins...
really cool looking... and the other is an all blue with darker blue dots double tail aswell...

i also got a bright red crowntail with purple on her fins...

what im wondering is.. ive heard female bettas do better in colder waters... its summer here so its hot ne ways, but can i keep a female betta in a 1 gallon... i have 8 of em in a 8 gallon now, but i cant really condition them in there cuz they fight a lot... ive separated a few of them.. i put 2 sickes together in a vase, and they never really fought, but overnight the one that was sicker died....

i also have 2 opaque female siblings that are small and not aggressive at all together in a 3 gallon...

ne ways... can i keep my females in kritter keepers like my males?

i think its ok but i thought id ask ne ways.

I was always tought that bettas of any sex are to be keep between at leas 74-80 degrees F. How cold is your water? And just wondering who said that cool water was good? Maybe you are right but just wanted to put in my 2 cents.

i dont remember who said it... but im pretty sure it was on the forum here somewhere...

anyways... its been super hot here almost everyday.... few days of rain sometime so i guess it could fluctuate a bit but not enough to stress the females out i dont think... i had a few females in a vase b4 as i said in my other post and they were fine.. i guess now i jus have to find some kritter keepers at some dollar store :S

they have em in north van, where i used to live... at some dollar store..

all i kno is the sign is green...

tomorrow im gonna drive around where i live now and see if i can find any similar dollar store signs lol maybe ill get lucky...

they have like .75 gallon kritter keepers that are $1 canadian..

im gonna get like 5 of em so i can get a few more bettas !!

the 3 new females can chill in them, so then if i find ne cool males somewhere i will have room for em :D

Yes, you can keep females in a kritter keeper. I got ripped off with mine- 1 gallon for $12 Canadian :*)

wow I live in Oklahoma and I have bought several of these critter keepers for $5.00 a piece. I like the ones I have because they have a good size little door in the top that allows me to get in without removing the lid and stuff. My Bettas love them. The ones I have also have a small hole in the top that is perfect toput aeration hose in, so if i need to use one as hospital tank for some of the other fishy's. I have question how do you know what breed of Betta the female is? How many bettas do you have?
heres my list
male veiltail-dark red and teal
male crowntail- white with little blue at base of fins
male crowntail- white with teal streaks in fins
male ??????? - dark blue and red his fins are bright blue then dark red then white
female - red and teal
female- white with teal streaks in fins
the one male I have has different fins than any of my others not sure what he is

well... it has a double tail.. quite distinguishing compared to normal tail females.... and crowntails are kinda easy to tell too... look for pics on the net... maybe one da my digi cam will work again and i can get some pics..

i looked everywhere today couldnt find the cheap ones, but somewhere i got some for $1 each my mom will check tomorrow after work...

so hopefully i will have some places for them... they lived in cups overnight..

my albino and reg krib bred overnight! got some babies ! woo

Most reactions

Back