Discus....Why?

Discus to me are like little puppies :)

They are very friendly and inquisitive, the adult pair I used to have would rub themselves off my fingers if I stuck them into the tank :lol:

They also very graceful in the tank, they kind of suspend themselves in mid air as if to say 'lets see you try this!' and can reverse and manouvere in funny ways too. They dont seem to be scatter-brained like a lot of fish, if they go somewhere in the tank, you know its for a reason :rolleyes:

I think the way they blow into the gravel to stir up any bits of food hidden in it is hilarious as well :lol:

All in all, they are my favourite fish, evn my new ones come straight to the front of the tank to eyeball me, and when Im getting something from the cabinet below the tank, when I look up, there are six pairs of eyes looking down wondering what Im at :)

Ken

I've always liked the look of discus, but was always afraid of trying to keep them. After 20 years I finially gave them a try. Wish I would have done it sooner.

What Ken said.

I think the way they blow into the gravel to stir up any bits of food hidden in it is hilarious as well

:) I thought mine were the only ones that did this.......it's too funny.......

Discus are so graceful...because of their size and shape one would think they'd be limited in what they can do or how they could swim...but I'm amazed at the rocks they turn completely sideways to swim through....and when they swim together it's like they're doing synchronized swimming...

At first I thought they were a timid fish- until the cichlid in them came out and they took after one of my rams....

They're not too difficult to take care of...I don't think they're for true beginners...but if you read up on them first and do the required maintenance- they'll be healthy and happy....

Discus are great- :wub: - I can't wait to get more!

Ericka

Most reactions

trending

Back