Did you know

It's a shame there's such a variety of a fish that must be kept without members of its own kind and only peaceful species of other kinds.

I've got a plain old betta splendens; he is the kind with the droopy fins, which I don't like, but I inherited from my sister who did not take care of him. The tank he was in before was a 1gal acrylic tank which he shared with two guppies and an ADF. Now he lives in a 10 gallon tank with more guppies. It's strange, but I find the very basic beginner species much more entertaining than any of the more expensive, harder to keep fish (except apistos and angelfish).

I'm starting to grow attatched to my livebearers, although my one complaint with the guppies is their refusal to leave the surface (Where the food comes from), which leads to a boring lower tank.

Yenko said:
It's a shame there's such a variety of a fish that must be kept without members of its own kind and only peaceful species of other kinds.
Many of those species I posted are able to live together peacefully :thumbs:

Sorrell said:
Many of those species I posted are able to live together peacefully :thumbs:
Yep, not all members of the Betta genus are psychopaths!

Betta Splendens is one of the most aggresive which is one of the reasons it was 'domesticated' in the first place... to fight.

Most reactions

Back