Cycling?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

lotlot

Reaction score
I am cycling my tank and i have a few losses, 3 were already ill from the shop :angry: Now i have 3 fish (2platys, 1 guppy) for cycling my 20 gallon. The nitrite levels are high from when there was a larger number of fish and i'm worried that i haven;t got enough fish for cycling. When the tank does cycle and i add more fish it will go through it again. Do you think i should add a couple more cheap, hardy fish such as cherry barbs to help the cycling?

I am cycling my tank and i have a few losses, 3 were already ill from the shop :angry: Now i have 3 fish (2platys, 1 guppy) for cycling my 20 gallon. The nitrite levels are high from when there was a larger number of fish and i'm worried that i haven;t got enough fish for cycling. When the tank does cycle and i add more fish it will go through it again. Do you think i should add a couple more cheap, hardy fish such as cherry barbs to help the cycling?
i think you should go out and buy some marineland bio-spira. a 1oz pouch dumped in will lower the nitrite levels to 0 most likely within a week.

If you're using fish for cycling (which you don't need to do), then you'll keep losing them. Any fish you put in that tank will suffer.

Most reactions

Back