Crab Food

tlcbonanza

Reaction score
I have three red clawed crabs in my 50 gallon planted tank. I have been experimenting with various things to feed the crabs, but really don't know what I should be really giving them. Can anyone help? Also, I have been placing some food up on the "shelf", that is out of the water. Do I leave the food at the bottom of the tank, or up out of the water?? I am new to this crab thing. Thanks ;)

i know that what im going to say isnt very nice on the crab but it was quite ammusing ok here we go about 2 years ago i went down to porthcawl beach and i love looking for creatures so i was looking for crabs.
i found a big crab when i say big i mean BIG about 8inches wide including the legs and 5inches long but any way i took a big bucket with me and put the crab in there after about 4 mins i had a sausage sandwhich and i thought the crab might be hungry lol so i put a small piece of sausage in the bucket and it he ate it rather quickly so i picked him up and put him on the sand and put another piece next to him and stood back and he ate it all. i must have had 1 bite out of my sandwhich and the rest i gave to the crab lol.

so why dont you try a bit of sausage :D

i used to have two red claws and they love peas. skin the peas for them, if theyre frozen thaw them out in some water and throw them in make sure they sink,. it's a great source of protein for the crabs and will give them enough greenage to hopefully keep them from tearing up your plants. i also fed them pond snails, frozen shrimp and blood worms, veggie wafers and sinking crab pellets.

good luck.

Most reactions

Back