Cory tank mates

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Khuli loach? Or would I need to reduce my corydoras group to account for floor space/bottom feeders? Challenge being if I have Cory, it's as many of them as possible for my bioload or none at all.

Khuli loach? Or would I need to reduce my corydoras group to account for floor space/bottom feeders? Challenge being if I have Cory, it's as many of them as possible for my bioload or none at all.

Loaches and cories do not go together. The cories bumble around and will be on any food faster. The kuhli in such surroundings will hide (they often do this anyway, you may never see them) and mis out on food. Even if you feed in darkness, both are nocturnal.

Loaches and cories do not go together. The cories bumble around and will be on any food faster. The kuhli in such surroundings will hide (they often do this anyway, you may never see them) and mis out on food. Even if you feed in darkness, both are nocturnal.
I had a Khuli in a 5 x 2 x 2 feet tank back in the day. He came with the tank. Forgot I had him. Didn't see him for 5 years, until I refurbished the tank, and there he was!

So, it is decided. To remind you of set up.

Tank is 110 L
80% RO and 20% Tap (tap is KH 10 GH 16)
Mix = pH 7.4 KH 4 GH 5 German degrees
Temp 75
Sand, loads of plants, including floating, and lots of wood

14 Bronze Corydoras (6 are in, 8 in qaurenteen)
18 white fin bentosi tetra (all in qaurenteen)
2 golden ancistrus 2.5cm at moment (in tank)

I have the ability to upgrade to a 180 L when needed, which could be soon?

I have not finished with the Cory group. Will see how we go. Maybe 10-15 of a different type to Bronze to coincide with the upgrade to 180 L. Bringing total Cory group to approx 30.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back