Cory Questions

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

dixaisy930

I'm trying really hard to act normal
Reaction score
I got a albino cory a few days ago, and was thinking I better get some sort of sinking food for him just in case he isn't getting enough left overs. :) I was wondering if cories prefer veggie or shrimp based wafers.

Also, after I got him, I read that they prefer to have company of their own kind. He seems rather content with my 3 platies and dwarf puffer, but maybe he would enjoy a buddy. My problem is I only have a ten gallon. I'm affraid if I get another cory, the tank will be over-stocked. The platies are each 2 inches, and the dwarf puffer in one inch. Would doing daily partial water changes enable my to get another cory, or can he just be content with his current tank mates for the time being?

hello, 1st of all what the measurements of the tank and 2ndly i only use flakes, just try to push sum down a bit.

Corys should always be kept in groups of at least 3 and all fish should be fed live or frozen foods at least once a week to remain healthy :)

Well, I'm not really sure what the measurements are. It's just a plain ol' standard rectangle ten gallon aquarium. :)

I know I read that you should have 1 gallon of water per 1 inch of fish...this was suggested for beginners, anyway. If I got two more cories, I know this would exceed the limit by (doing math....smoke coming from head) :S about three inches. If I did daily partial water changes, could this work?

Can you feed fish too much frozen food? They get a little frozen brine shrimp once a day, but the cory never has interest in it.

I really appreciate all of your help, and any more you can give. :)

The corys would probably prefer a little frozen bloodworm,to make sure you dont over feed just remember to only put in what will be gone in 5 minutes.You wouldn't nedd to do daily water changes 20% once a week would be fine,as long as the filter is fully mature (over 6 months old )it will be able to cope with a couple of corys :)

You just made my day! :hyper: I can't wait to go get a couple of buddies for my cory! I really like those julii and peppered cories. Do they have to be the same "kind" of cory? Frozen blood worms, huh? Would freeze dried ones work? I already have some of those.

They should really be the same species but i think the albinos are just a freak version of the peppered corys anyway -_- but if im wrong im sure Gibbo will put me right.

I just got home with the two new additions. :wub: I went to the same pet store, and got two new cories from the same tank I got the first from. I got another albino, and a julii. The other one just came alive when the other two were in there. They're all so happy together. :wub:

P.S. On a whim, I got two ghost shrimp too. They just looked so interesting. :hyper:

cfc - You can get albino bronze and peppered, so you're dead right m8 :D

Are ghost shrimp those little tiny ones? Or the larger shrimpy guys? Cause I had someone give me some kind 'o little shrimp and they were eaten before the day was over! :/ Just warnin' ya if its the small ones! ;)

Most reactions

Back