Convert Aqua One Ar-620T To Marine

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

WhatTheJack

Reaction score
I have chosen the Aqua one Aquastyle AR620T as my first marine tank because it is way cheaper than RSM 130D but can hold the same volume (130 litres/ 34 gallons).

What do I have to do with it to convert it?
Details:

Lighting: Power Compacts, altogether 36 watts, can change to UV, Sunlight, Marine blue bulbs
Filter: built in wet dry trickle, filter wool, ceramic noodles and poly filter(replaces carbon, better than it)
Powerhead: 750L/hr or 165G/hr
Dimensions: 62W x 38D x 53H cm
Obviously with a heater.
Thats all!
I went to my Lfs, they said I needed to add a pump, change the lighting to Blue ones, no protein skimmer

Should I go FOWLR for my first tank or go reef?
Will copper mediccations affect LR?

Videos of two who changed it:

1. Click here
2. Click here

First question - have you bought this tank? Second question, have you looked at the boyu 550 or the D & D tank?

I have chosen the Aqua one Aquastyle AR620T as my first marine tank because it is way cheaper than RSM 130D but can hold the same volume (130 litres/ 34 gallons).

What do I have to do with it to convert it?
Details:

Lighting: Power Compacts, altogether 36 watts, can change to UV, Sunlight, Marine blue bulbs

Need marine white and marine blue with some moonlights

Filter: built in wet dry trickle, filter wool, ceramic noodles and poly filter(replaces carbon, better than it)

Ditch all of these

Powerhead: 750L/hr or 165G/hr

A koralia 2 is a good powerhead for this sized tank

Dimensions: 62W x 38D x 53H cm
Obviously with a heater.

Indeed
Thats all!

I went to my Lfs, they said I needed to add a pump, change the lighting to Blue ones, no protein skimmer

No pump except the powerhead, kighting needs to be both blue and white, protein skimmer is not a must but certainly recomended for a tank that size

Should I go FOWLR for my first tank or go reef?

Defo a full reef :nod:
Will copper mediccations affect LR?

We don't use cooper as it affects inverts etc, so yes it will

Seffie x

First question - have you bought this tank? Second question, have you looked at the boyu 550 or the D & D tank?
Seffie x

Thanks.

Here is my choice:

Have not bought tank yet (around Christmas, I'm too excited, can't wait), I think I have to go with Aqua One 620T because here we don't have D & D or boyu. Aqua One is pretty good anyway.

Filter: Either Aqua One Advance 550 Canister Filter or Hydor prime 10, would be a good idea to change the filter that comes with it a refugium?
Lighting: Blue, UV and white, is 36W of Power Compacts considered low lighting? A 24 LED moonlight strip from Ebay enough?
Powerhead: going with Koralia 2K
Protein Skimmer: getting one, just which one? I found one called AA protein skimmer, its as cheap as a KFC meal! Obviously I could go with one 5 times the price like the Aquarworld Protein Skimmer WG-310.

I think they are a good choice, please double check!

Here is my choice:

Have not bought tank yet (around Christmas, I'm too excited, can't wait), I think I have to go with Aqua One 620T because here we don't have D & D or boyu. Aqua One is pretty good anyway.

Ah yes, but it has a wet and sry filter in the hood

Filter: Either Aqua One Advance 550 Canister Filter or Hydor prime 10, would be a good idea to change the filter that comes with it a refugium?

You don't need an external, the live rock is your filter

Lighting: Blue, UV and white, is 36W of Power Compacts considered low lighting? A 24 LED moonlight strip from Ebay enough?

Well, its tropical standard

Powerhead: going with Koralia 2K

:good:

Protein Skimmer: getting one, just which one? I found one called AA protein skimmer, its as cheap as a KFC meal! Obviously I could go with one 5 times the price like the Aquarworld Protein Skimmer WG-310.

Many of us with smaller tanks have used cheap protein skimmers, me included - as long as you are doing good regular water changes :good: however, check it will fit in the tank

I think they are a good choice, please double check!

Where abouts are you in the world - you still would probably be better off either making your own package or buying a plug and play

Seffie x

Where abouts are you in the world - you still would probably be better off either making your own package or buying a plug and play

Seffie x

Australia, well the Aqua One Aquamarine looks like a good deal, it might be a bit big but.
We've got Juwel, but the Rio is a bit big too (the lido is similiar price), RSM expensive,

EDITED

JBJ HQI 28 gallon looks alright, just looks quite small for its size

THANKS

Most reactions

Back