Community Planted Tank

jpeterson

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm really excited to get my tank planted and everything now that I have it cycled with a few Harlequins(10), Black Neons(5) and some Corys(4) in it. I will explain my ideas and post some pictures of the tank as it is now just to give you a little info.

At the moment I have a few plants in to give it some sort of nature so it isn't too boring. It currently has 2 Java Ferns in and a few other plants which are a type of Java Fern. I have 11 crypts in as well with a bit of bog wood. Nothing special but it has done for the time being. Here are some pics of it:

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

Here is a quick video as well, gives a better idea then pics :p http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtaYjh_FiTg

Ok now you have seen the tank as it is I want to try and give you the best idea possible of how I want it to look(I want never gets. Something is bound to go wrong! lol)

Ok here is my stocking list:

10-15 Harlequins
10-15 Lemon Tetras
8 Columbian Red Fin Neons
6 Bronze Corys
6 Keyhole Cichilds(untill paired then 2)

Here is my list of plants and other decoration and a layout image:

stregtegning.jpg

A)Hygrophila polysperma
B)Ludwigia glandulosa, Amazon Sword
C)Cryptocoryne wendtii 'brown'
D)Echinodorus tenellus
E)Java Moss

Red Moore Wood

Maybe some variations but ill keep you updated in the following posts :)
So with all that said this is how it "should" look when it's all getting away nicely.

O0I.jpg

Watch this topic to get all the updates

What are the cichlids in there - they dont look like keyholes to me more like Pink Jellybean Convicts?

Wills

so lucky you can get polysperma, in the US its on the federal noxious weed list which im very pissed off about.

Most reactions

Back