Colour Change on Betta

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Kendall

Reaction score
Hello, Thanks for all the help with my previous questions. I have another possibly stupid question, but I have had a quick look on the internet and can't find any info about it. One of my Betta's, Ferdi, who is a beautiful sapphire blue colour has started to get more of a spotty type colouring on his head, and his anal fin is starting to turn a purple- pink. He looks very pretty with this colouration, but I'm just wondering if this is a normal part of the aging process, his genetics etc... The pH of the tank water is fine, but I've only noticed the colour change since I have been using Betta Fix on my other Betta, ralph, who is in the compartment next door (compartments seperated, but water can flow between). He is quite large, so I would assume he is fully grown. Could it be the BettaFix or am I just an overanxious mum?

It sounds to me to be normal, probably nothing to worry about. :nod: My mother had a betta who was cornflower blue when she bought him, and within a few months he was red! Sometimes that can happen and a betta will completely change their color, or in your case, I'm guess it is what is called "red wash". This happens in a betta as they age, and the red color becomes more apparent - often in the fins like shown in your case. It happened to my completely steel blue male, and now he has maroon in all his fins. So if you're happy with the change, great! :thumbs:

My pure white betta got a fire red anal fin recently. I freaked out too,but he's okay and my purple crowntail was blue and dark purple when I got him,now he's a light lavender and has a dark purple head,all the blue is gone. :grr: Bettas are so frustrating sometimes when you fall in love with color and it changes. :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back