Collected My New Camera At The Po Today

Looking forward to the photo splash, but do us a favour, please no toes :unsure:

And don't you dare make a bid on the other camera put your money :grr:

Seffie x

I collected the camera (Sony) from the Post Office this afternoon, and unless I'm doing something wrong,... I am extremely disappointed.... I format the memory card, then take around 10 to 14 photos and it tells me the card is full???...

Surely this cannot be right.... my Samsung takes up to 500, or 600 photos before I upload to my PC....

The quality photos are excellent on the camera display, but when I upload to my computer, they do not look as good as on the cam.... Any advice???

What Sony is it?

I'll see if I can find some info on them.

But from that minimal info, I'd check the size of the memory card, they might have put in a small one.
Go through menu and find ISO, the lower number the better the quality will be (but the longer exposure will need to be)

lastly quality can be any number of things from the settings on the camera (most you can select from raw, high quality jpeg, medium and low quality jpeg) or maybe White balance or something like that. Or it could be a dirty lens or sensor, etc

What Sony is it?

I'll see if I can find some info on them.

But from that minimal info, I'd check the size of the memory card, they might have put in a small one.
Go through menu and find ISO, the lower number the better the quality will be (but the longer exposure will need to be)

lastly quality can be any number of things from the settings on the camera (most you can select from raw, high quality jpeg, medium and low quality jpeg) or maybe White balance or something like that. Or it could be a dirty lens or sensor, etc

SONY DSC-H10 DIGITAL CAMERA - AS NEW - FULL HD IN BOX COMPLETE
SONY DSC-H10 DIGITAL CAMERA FULL HD

IN BOX COMPLETE

Face Detection,
Super SteadyShot®,
Sony Double Anti-Blur Solution,
Smart Zoom® Feature and
HDTV Compatibility

1/2.5" CCD sensor, 8.1 million effective pixels
10x (38-380mm equiv.) Carl Zeiss branded optical zoom
3.0" LCD screen
HDTV video output (requires optional cable or dock)
Super Steady Shot image stabilization
2cm macro
ISO 100-3200
Face Detection
Dynamic Range Optimizer

Ok, it ought to give you some great pics, although maybe what I would call a bridge rather than slr, but anyway.

Like I say, what size memory card?

If the pics look fine on the small screen but not on the pc, then it's either a resolution issue, or a blur issue.

For resolution, check that it's saving pics at their largest size.

For blur, keep your hands still... Or you need a faster shutter speed.

The third option is it could be noise, which is usually from having the ISO too high.

Could you post a pic? Maybe I can tell you which one it is?

yeah posting pics helps.

Sounds like your camera has a small memory card in it, time for a new one...Or can you use the memory card out of your old camera?

I got a new camera last week ludwig and it has an inbuilt memory which onlygave me 9 pics. I;ve bought a card today which now gives me plenty

yeah posting pics helps.

Sounds like your camera has a small memory card in it, time for a new one...Or can you use the memory card out of your old camera?

Right... Here goes... This picture was taken by my old Samsung Camera
OfficeCat015.jpg

And this one, (of the same subject) was taken by my new Sony...
OfficeCat017.jpg

Just makes me wonder????

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back