Colisa Lalia And Trichogaster Chuna

Truck

UKAPS
Reaction score
ive only ever kept trichogaster chuna and i think i had two males.

what is the difference between male and female of each species?

i would like a pair to co exist with about 20 microrasbora erythromicron in a planted tank

dwarf gouramis - males have pointed dorsal fin
colisa-lalia.jpg

- females have rounded dorsal fin
Colisa_lalia_-_side_(aka).jpg

most females are silver or blue but very occasionally can be coloured - most lfs the females are silver or blue

Honey gouramis yellows
same as above but harder to spot as fins are neally see through - females are paler in colour and mature males get eye liner under their eyes - running along beginning of pectoral , and anal fins -- heres one of my young males - eye liner gets more pronounced with maturity and when they are spawning

3007-1.jpg

3009.jpg

Red robins
males pointed anal fin and are very brightly coloured - females are pale peachy colour quite washed out - lots of lfs dont stock them for that reason

thanks for the info...i think i might try and get an MFF trio if possible...do they do well in trios? or am i best off sticking to a pair?

thanks for the info...i think i might try and get an MFF trio if possible...do they do well in trios? or am i best off sticking to a pair?

colisa lalia aka dwarf gourami
colisa chuna aka honey gourami

both ideally should be kept in a trio of 2 females to each Male
Most female dwarfs that you find in your LFS will be a dull silver in colour, where Males can be found in three colour varieties; normal, flame red and turquoise/cobalt blue

Most reactions

Back