clown pleco

New Boy

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Any ways that I can get my clown plecos to come out a bit more during the day? Any tips?

Cheers
Andy

Bogwood, set-up a hiding place where you can see the fish. For example a piece of wood leaning against the glass so they can go underneath it but you can still see them through the glass. My Clown Plec comes out at all times of the day, I set-up a hiding plsce like I said above for my Loaches and he is always in there so I can see him whenever I want.

My pleco was very shy at first - until he reached the 10 inch size I rarely saw him durring the school day. Now he's out all the time and tollerates having the children jamming their faces up against the glass to watch him. Maybe he just mellowed with age.

ALASKA

clowns plecs need others int eh tank, advise groups of at least 6 in a 4ft tank, currently have a 4ft tank set up for these great plecs, with some bulldogs, and talking catfish. mainly nite-early morning fish.

not trying to hijack thread but my clown is out all the time when hes on the rocks he looks like hes swimming he doen't sit still then this morning he was up in the cornewr with part of his head out of the water and he moves around alot i think he may have itch tho is it possible he has small whit spots ill post a pic later

GO TO AQUARIUM PICS IN CLOWN PLECO

clown plecos like small caves, shadows, a envioment designed around them, best kept in small groups of around 4 or 5, 6 is best in my view. Wood eater, driftwood, bogwood in tank for them. mine love to eat courgette.
size upto 5inch
tempp 24 - 28 c
ph 6.6- 7.8

great pleco to keep.

i have two little ones and they hang out on the driftwood all day so i can see them try that or if you can get a large seashell (conch) mine love their big shell hope this helps.

hey i forgot to add what a dumy i am if you take full pieces of romaine lettuce thourohgly washed in cold water put it in the tank wieghted down by a rock or something your pleco should come right out and start a munchin :D

Cucumber works.
I saw my plec for the first time yesterday thanks to the cucumber.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back