Cloverfield

I got a copy of the DVD, and i did quite like it to be fair.

As far as we know the monster did not die, it survived that bombing from the stealth. Then at the end there was the thing falling in the water at the end, which i reckon was it falling to the earth.

I thought Cloverfield was one of those movies that had the potential to be awesome and instead ended up being like 'really, you went that way?'. I was totally with it until the end, and it just irked me to no end. If they do a second one they sure as hell better figure a better way to do things ending wise.

Spoilers ahead.

Ok, I was fine with them dying at the end. If that's what happened, but I'm pretty sure they're dead. It was just things like the monster showing up exactly where they crash landed, and how it just ate the one guy. Seriously, because you just happened to follow that particular heliopter? Was it supposed to be curious about this one flaming helicopter with all the other crap going on? Was its huge mouth only able to fit one person in it?

And don't get me started on the Blair Witch. It would have been awesome too if they hadn't picked total morons to send into the woods. 'Let's only pack booze and smokes on our camping trip, and we'll give this map to the angry guy of the group so he can get mad and throw it in the creek because he can't read it, then we'll get lost. And when we do that, we'll just whine and cry instead of being smart. See that fence 20 yards in the background? We aren't going to follow it, because it couldn't possibly lead to a farm or cabin or anything like that, it's just a random fence in the woods...' I think they took the one guy first so he wouldn't end up killing the other two for being so freaking dumb. Personally by the last half hour I was begging for the witch to show up and just kill them already, and my mom was covering her eyes so she wouldn't throw up from the camera bouncing around.

Spoiler over

I'm sorry, but I love movies, and esp. horror movies and really hate it when they use cheap plot devices to move the story along or do other stupid sad things. Quarantine was truly a well done movie (watched this alone in the dark, talk about TENSE), and I would love to see the original sometime. Things made actual sense in that movie and they didn't have to rely on cheap tricks and stupid plot 'twists' that so many movies try to have.

Although I enjoyed cloverfield, which to be honest isn't surprising, I like most films, even if everyone else thinks they're awful. even domino.

the ending was disappopinting, but in all honesty, it was the right ending. if they die, we SHOULDN'T see anything after that, we shbouldn't find out if the monster lived or died or anything. why? because the story wasn't about the monster attacking. the monster attacking the city was the setting, not the plot.

the story was about the people, and if they died, then the story is over...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back