chewed up fish

nino

Fish Addict
Reaction score
my dad bought a guppy pair today for our 55 community tank, thinking it would be ok with the platies and swordtails, neons, etc. however, it was NOT ok with the gobies, they chewed up the male's tail a bit.

i removed them immediately, but the best i could do was move them into a five gallon tank that currently houses 3 baby neon tetras. i haven't got any salt with me because i took it to school to set up my tank and left it there.

what should i do? the poor guy doesn't look to happy. i turned off the lights to help with stress but i dont know what else i can do to make him more comfortable.

thanks in advance everyone.

bumblebee gobies... the fake, freshwater kind.
i know they are not ideal for our tank but for the most part, everything works out fine. they bought on a whim by my parents who didn't know anything about them except that they were a great deal at 99 cents a pop.

My gobies are pretty aggressive too, not much to do but move one of the species or live with it. Increasing the current may make it harder for the gobies to catch the guppy. Once the tail fin goes the gobies won't have much to nip off.

the thing is that the guppies are not going back in that tank.
i need help on what to do with the guppy, i want him to survive.

guppys dont realy fight if they are bieng bitten do they. I think it is best to have a guppy tank with nothing more in it apart from a plec and corys maybe.

Coral platy said:
guppys dont realy fight if they are bieng bitten do they. I think it is best to have a guppy tank with nothing more in it apart from a plec and corys maybe.
i think so too, but my dad didn't know better

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back