Cherry barbs fighting

Ieesha99

Reaction score
yesterday I noticed one of my cherry barbs had a nipped fin and then today Iā€™ve noticed another one with the same. Initially I thought it was my 2 sumo loaches but all my cardinal tetras are absolutely fine. So Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s the barbs attacking each other. Iā€™ve read somewhere that if you have a higher number of barbs it may calm down the aggression is this correct? I currently have 5

yesterday I noticed one of my cherry barbs had a nipped fin and then today Iā€™ve noticed another one with the same. Initially I thought it was my 2 sumo loaches but all my cardinal tetras are absolutely fine. So Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s the barbs attacking each other. Iā€™ve read somewhere that if you have a higher number of barbs it may calm down the aggression is this correct? I currently have 5
Also I think I have 4 females and 1 male

Cherry barbs don't fight and damage each other. Having 4 females and 1 male is not an issue. Males go red when mature, females stay brown.

If the problem occurs overnight, it's unlikely to be the barbs and more likely the loaches are the problem. Try feeding the loaches at night just after lights out.

Cherry barbs don't fight and damage each other. Having 4 females and 1 male is not an issue. Males go red when mature, females stay brown.

If the problem occurs overnight, it's unlikely to be the barbs and more likely the loaches are the problem. Try feeding the loaches at night just after lights out.
Okay I will try this thank you

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back