Cell - Stephen King

Jessica13

Moved On
Reaction score
Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone has ever read this? I read it a while ago now, but me and a friend were talking about it tonight (something to do with me using my phone too much - said i'd end up mad or something, she's weird :rolleyes: ) and, anyway, i was wondering what people thought?

I LOVE Stephen King. I think he is possibly the best author! :D I have read almost all of his books (re-reading Dark Tower books now!) but i was really disappointed in Cell -_- It was like a poor version of The Stand, i didn't really see the point in him writing it, unless it is planned to be made into a film. It would probably make a good film i guess... But yeah, i didn't like it. It was one of the few of his books i found a bit dull!! :blink:

What does anyone else think?!

(Off to read more of The Wastre Lands now! :lol: I even named my parrot after one of the characters :lol: God, im so weird lol! )

Hope i didn't put you off :lol: Sorry!! :rolleyes:

The beginning is really good (would make great movie opening) but i was so disappointed with the rest of it, especially the ending.. But it could just be me :rolleyes:

Hope i didn't put you off :lol: Sorry!! :rolleyes:

The beginning is really good (would make great movie opening) but i was so disappointed with the rest of it, especially the ending.. But it could just be me :rolleyes:

I agree, the ending was weak.

I'm almost finished with The Gunslinger, I've never read any Dark Tower before. :thumbs:

BTW - do you read Koontz?

Yes, i've read several Dean Koontz books (finished 'By the Light of The Moon' a couple of weeks ago). I enjoyed them, but i didn't think he was as good at making his characters as believable as Stephen King is....

'The Gunslinger' is the worst of the Dark Tower books IMO. The Drawing of the Three (the second one) is the best so you've got something to look forward to! :D

Yes, i've read several Dean Koontz books (finished 'By the Light of The Moon' a couple of weeks ago). I enjoyed them, but i didn't think he was as good at making his characters as believable as Stephen King is....

'The Gunslinger' is the worst of the Dark Tower books IMO. The Drawing of the Three (the second one) is the best so you've got something to look forward to! :D

I like King better than Koontz also, but I really liked Intensity.

I'm glad you to hear you say Gunslinger is the weakest of the series, I am finding it a bit dull, so now I'm inspired to read TDOTT. :thumbs:

Oh yes, definately stick at it! :D I almost gave up after The Gunsliger as well as it wasn't 'my' sort of book, i prefered the horror stuff Stephen King writes. But more characters are added in the second one and its much more interesting! The only thing i found interesting in The Gunslinger was the weird stuff the bird (Zoltan??lol) kept coming out with!!! :lol: I want that bird!!!

Never read Intensity. Maybe i shall have a look for that..

I disagree, I really liked The Cell, I thought the ending was great, you just have to use your imagination. And the Dark Tower series was the all time greatest book series. Stephen King is the best author, although I do like Peter Straub and Dean Koontz as well. And to get the Gunslinger, you have to read The Eye of the Dragon, which was a prequel. In fact, most of his books have some tie in to the DT. Jessica13, The Stand was made into a movie starring Rob Lowe, it was pretty bad. Not very many of King's movies are good, too much internal monlogue, doesn't translate well.

'The Little Sisters of Eluria' was a prequel - Thats a weird story :lol: And i understood The Gunsliger, i just found it a bit slow compared to the rest of the Dark Tower books :)

I Have The Stand on DVD - And Pet Semetary, IT, Dreamcatcher, Langoliers, Rose Red, Green Mile, Tommyknockers - and a couple of other things i taped off the TV that i didn't really like.. The films are better if they have a bigger budget i find, some of the smaller budget films have bad acting and look really cheap, they're awful!! But then Pet Semetary was low budget i think and i really liked that.. Cute little Gage :wub: And cool soundtrack :D

Oooh, and i liked The Stand movie. Not as good as the book admittedly, but i thought it kept a lot of the info from the book in which most adaptations dont do.

Most reactions

Back