cat or pleco

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tdins_2

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i need a cat or pleco to control the alge and such in my tank but its going to hafta be with a clown knife and ghost knife im guessing it would be a cat but what kind would be big or tough enough for the task?

if you want a fish to control algae, then a pleco would be best. if you want a plec to do a job, then a common plec will do but remember, most of these can grow to 2' long. if you want a plec to clean and look great, then try looking at plecs such as royal plecs (actuall panaque) which look great and grow to around a foot long

ste :)

tdins_2 said:
i need a cat or pleco to control the alge and such in my tank but its going to hafta be with a clown knife and ghost knife im guessing it would be a cat but what kind would be big or tough enough for the task?
What catfish eat algae? I can think of farlowellas but I think they are delicate. I think a plec would be best, just a big one. I am not sure what plecs are happy eating algae though.

Why not just tackle what's causing the algae or scrape it off manually?

i dont have an alge problem its just to clean up a bit like uneaten food and stuff

maybe a synodontis for uneaten food. just make sure that he isn't small enough to fit into the knifes mouth.

ste :)

For Algae a Royal Panaque Plec isthe best (just bought one recently because my Common Plec doesn't seem to eat Algae now he is 8 inches) and for cleaning food from the bottom what about Synodontis Granulosus or Synodontis Schall. They get 10 inches +

i was thinking maybe one of these synodontis acanthomias or a synodontis schall or a synodontis flavitaeniatus what do u think

Most reactions

trending

Back