''carpet'' plants and corys

frankycee

Reaction score
I want to get some live plants going in my aquarium, but i'm not sure if the corys (3 panda corys) will like small plants growing in the substrate.

Also, will they be able to feed and will the corys destroy or unroot my ''carpet'' plants.

Sorry for not giving you an answer but that is a great question, im gonna bumb this and see wha ppl say! Im looking at geting some cories. :)

Well if they don't like it I've got a problem!

I've just planted my tank. I have a sand substrate with some grass like plants and other smaller plants. I'm planning on getting 6 metae corys when my tank has cycled. (in 2 batches of 3).

I certainly wouldnt think that corys would hate plants but I guess if they are very small plants and not rooted they may dig them up, but you can always re-plant :)

Corys will grub around amongst the plants, they don't have a problem with a normal setup. I guess if you had a dense riccia lawn held in place with netting or something, they'd have more problems, but even then, they take their food from the substrate, and the lawn would, in effect, be the substrate.

they love it.

my sterbai's used to hide out all day behind the bogwood and i would rarely see them.

theyre new home is beneath the central wysteria plant. a bit like us taking a break on a sunny day beneath a big oak tree. much more natural.

also they love carpet plants, theyre mouth/snuffler type thing (dont know what it's called) is very delicate. they are going to be much happier plunging it into nice soft grass or other carpet plant than into hard gravel.

as to uprooting them probably not, they are quite gentle fish. my problem is the pleco (he's a lunartic)

Most reactions

Back