brand new tank - cloudy water

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

afinny9

Reaction score
:crazy: I just put the water into my tank and it soooo cloudy. I have an undergravel filter and a marineland penguin biowheel 150 in a 29 gal tank. I used a kents ammonia detox in the water. I put in the gravel for plants but I didnt rinse it off because I thought that had fertilizers in it. I dont have anything else in it; fish or plants but the water is really cloudy. The filters have been running for about 24 hours, will the cloudiness go away or do I need to do a water change?
Thank you for any help or comments.

You shouldnt really needtop do a water change.

If it is the sand you didnt clean making the water cloudy, wait another two days or so and you should see it settle to the flor of the tank. Then you can vacum it out.

But if it is a bacteria or algal bloom, wait a few days or so and it should clear up once the bacteria start to die off.

Benny

:X Okay I wait a few days and see what happens. Im just so excited to see all the ... oh yeah I dont have anything in my tank, lol. The pain.

I had an algae bloom in my 29 gallon and I did a 50% water change everyday with the syphon and then after 3 days it was gone.

You're not the only one with a cloudy tank though! My 120 gallon is cloudy because I did an 80% water change and when I filled it with new water the hose decided to swirve and it mixed up the sand everywhere! I hope it settles by tomorrow.

LOL, the hose must of have a life of its own!

Anyways, i woulodnt suggest doing a water change. Its called STARVINg the little buggers. Lol. If you replenish their water, they have more to eat, hence, stay longer.

mine was cloudy for about 3 days when i first set up my tank so no need to worry, and i know its exciting setting up your new tank and looks boring with nothing in it :/ but be patient and it will be worth it all in the end :D

:whistle: waiting .... waiting... waiting......
lol thanks ill let everyone know if it clears up :p

mr_miagi32 said:
LOL, the hose must of have a life of its own!

Anyways, i woulodnt suggest doing a water change. Its called STARVINg the little buggers. Lol. If you replenish their water, they have more to eat, hence, stay longer.
My hose does have a life of it's own! :lol: I put the hose in the bucket and put the bucket in the tank so the water would just trickle out of the bucket instead of the hose blasting the sand everywhere! But as soon as I left the hose alone he swam right out of the bucket and messed up my sand. :sly: I guess I will have to watch him next time. :p

Most reactions

Back