blue lobster in tank full of ick! Please help!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

grumpebear1976

Reaction score
Help! I recently bought some fish and now my tank has ick. I have a blue lobster in there as well along with balas, some algae eaters, a glass cat, etc. what products can i use that wont kill my blue lobster??? i have quick cure, but i'm afraid that will kill the lobster....i had a red claw crab a few years back and i thought this stuff killed that!! I'd like to save my bala that is covered in ick as well, but he may be too far gone, any help would greatly be appreciated!!

Raise the temperature to 83 degrees, add some salt and change 40-50% of the water every day till the ich disappears on all the fish, then do a week of Melafix medicine to promote healing.

An additional air stone will help.

Temp and salt can cure ich.

That's how I did it in my 110 gallon with a blue lobster in it.

Hi..dont worry. Treat the tank. I have a blue lobster and they are very hardy. I had success through two ich treatments and my lobster made it thru fine. The main keys, as above are:

1) raise the temp SLOWLY over a day or 2 to 85 degrees
2) remove the charcoal from your filter
3) if the species in your tank can handle it, add aquarium salt
4) treat 2-3 days after the last spot disappears
5) if you can, I did daily 10% water changes
6) I like malechite green...it's worked for me.
7) if you have sensitive fish (neons, cardinals, etc)..consider halfing the dose

Good luck....the lobsters are cool .aren't they? SH

HI Grump :D

ALL the above is good advise....When fish are kept in poor conditions or stressed due to agressive tank mates, lack of space etc...they become susceptable to disease Ich being one of the more common ones...What size tank do you have, what are your water readings such as Nitrite/Nitrate/Ph/ Amonia etc..? I only ask because there may be an inlying problem thats giving you headaches...

Oh and welcome to the Forum :hi:

Blue Lobster said:
Raise the temperature to 83 degrees, add some salt and change 40-50% of the water every day till the ich disappears on all the fish, then do a week of Melafix medicine to promote healing.

An additional air stone will help.

Temp and salt can cure ich.

That's how I did it in my 110 gallon with a blue lobster in it.
I just remembered that I did the big water changes AFTER the ich dissapeared, not during the high temp treatment. Didn't want to leave it unsaid.

Most reactions

Back