Bloodworm

connorsbala

Leader Of The Seahorse's!
Reaction score
Hi, i bought some bloodworms today. I plan on giving them a cube once a week, along with flake food or pellets every other day. Would bloodworms help pregnant guppies give birth? If anyone has any advice on bloodworms,or even advice on pregnant guppies please tell me!
Many thanks

Little and often would be a more advisable feeding regime. How about feeding a smaller amount of flake twice a day, replacing this once a week with your bloodworm. Also, remember to leave out a day of feeding every week or two to replicate the wild.

Agree with the little and often feeding, but why would missing out a day of feeding replicate the wild??? Do the wild fish know about this???

we always have a starve day once a week, helps stop constipation and problems from overfeeding

just give them a cube of bloodworm once a week as a treat, don't feed anything else with it.

Bloodworm and live food such as daphnia help prevent constipation.

Not overfeeding stops the overfeeding problems.

Fish are best fed sparingly and often, in the wild they are opportunist feeders and will eat as they find food, not suddenly decide that as today is Thursday we shall starve.

Would you be happy missing out on meals for a day??

As most common fish are not actually wild caught i don't think there is a real need to replicate any kind of feeding pattern. Fasting for a day is a good way of letting the fish clear out its system and not get overfed or constipated as Wiggle said :)

So the action of fasting for a day is not a kind of feeding pattern????

feeding good quality food will give them the nutrients needed and also prevent constipation.

Look at it another way, if you had a child, would you make it fast for a day to clear its system out??

Fish will not get overfed if you feed them correctly

Most reactions

Back