Black molly with pink stringy poo

Shoe

Reaction score
I have had my molly or about nine months now. She is my oldest fish. About a week ago i noticed that she looked kind of bloated. She has pink poo coming out of her. Well it sort of is and sort of isnt. It looks like it is stuck :huh: It is pink and stringy. It kind of looks like she is giving birth to a squid. :/
If anyone knows whats wrong it wouls be a big help.
The Ph and everything is fine.

Try giving her a shelled lightly cooked pea. take it out of the shell and mash it with your finger before you give it to her. It's supposed to be good for constipation. I never tried it on my fish but a lot of people here have with good luck.

Although I am not for certain i believe this Molly may be plagued by internal parasites. i have no idea how to treat these but I know for certain that it can be done with the help of the internet.

However the color of the poo might indicate a serious internal parasitic infection. I'd suggest you try feeding a shelled pea but isolate the fish and treat for internal parasites as well. I suspect the pink 'poo' you see hanging is actualy the parasite as you say it doesn't come out. If it's constipation, feeding a shelled pea and fasting for a day should be enough to treat it.

zachjc_14 said:
Although I am not for certain i believe this Molly may be plagued by internal parasites. i have no idea how to treat these but I know for certain that it can be done with the help of the internet.
hows the fish gonna getr cured by the internet :rofl: :rofl:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back