Black Ghost Knifefish

he'll have a fat stomach and should stop eating. Some are naturally greedy and keep trying to stuff food in their mouth but most usually stop when they are full.
Generally as soon as they stop racing around looking for food then they are starting to feel full. That is when you stop feeding and a couple of minutes later you can remove any excess food that is left over.
The other way to tell is when the fish grabs some food and spits it out instead of swallowing it. Then they are full.

he'll have a fat stomach and should stop eating. Some are naturally greedy and keep trying to stuff food in their mouth but most usually stop when they are full.
Generally as soon as they stop racing around looking for food then they are starting to feel full. That is when you stop feeding and a couple of minutes later you can remove any excess food that is left over.
The other way to tell is when the fish grabs some food and spits it out instead of swallowing it. Then they are full.
wow, that's really helpful, thank you, now i can actually tell when he's full, i probably thought he wasn't feeling good if he just spat it back up, and then i'd probably end up putting that up on the forums, lol
thanks again

Most reactions

Back