Big Cycle Problems! Help

methodmza_uk

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have a big problem with my fishless cycle

I started it weeks ago and it was going great. Started to take about 18hours to get from 5ppm to 0ppm. I thought only a few days now.
Then 2 and a half days ago i put in some ammonia, took it back upto 4ppm. Its still not down to 0ppm yet.
Its as if i have gone back in time.
Does anyone have any ideas on why its doing this?

The Nitrite and Nitrate are through the roof which is fine at the moment, but why is it taking so long for this ammonia to go down? Its like the cycle has digressed. I just want my fish in there now. Waited 4 weeks with this fishless cycle and its all going wrong.

Help me please experts!!
Much appreciated

Its not the ammonia spike... its the reverse isn't it?... weird.. its as if all your ammonia eating bacteria that 'were' munching 5ppm have suddenly disappeared/died?! Could a drastic drop in temperature do that?...

Its ok that its taking a while for the ammonia to go down. The bacteria are still growing. How long was the ammonia at 0? If it was at 0 for too long, the bacteria that survives on ammonia may have starved to death, and you may have started all over and that would be why the ammonia is taking a while to go down.

Well i check it every day and get mym to check it too. As soon as it goes yellow i put more ammonia in so it never starves. There is no temp drop according to thermometer. It finally went to 0ppm at 9pm!!
That means its taken to get from 4ppm to 0ppm about 56hours. NEVER RIGHT!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back