Betta Fish

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

dbullwinkel

Reaction score
hello. my son came home for spring break and left his male betta--felt the 4 hour car ride was too stressfull for him..i am new to this. we put him in a 2.5 bow tank with a heater and whisper filter with a flow a control (turned to lowest) he was doing great. 3 days after my son went back--not so good. swimming sideways and at bottom alot. I tougth maybe i was feeding him too much-skipped a day and decreased the amount. tested water: all fine. I had changed water prior to this and used bottles spring water (my son used treated tap). I had treated the bottled water-wasnt sure if i should have. I changed 25% of water, and I put salt in water. I also turned the filter up.--now he is more active and happy, ate fine this morning. doesnt seem to be swimming sideways.

I am not sure if i see a small "something" on the front of him. I bought betta fix, but now that he looks better was wondering if i should hold off?

I added bettafix friday nite. Do i need to remove the cartidge from the whisper filter?

Should I change water before adding more bettafix? If so, how much? His tank is 2.5 gallons.

also, i thought they didnt like water movement-should i lower it down. could it have been the bottled water? I feel such responsibility--would really like "wayne" to be here when my son comes home next!

First off Welcome to TFF :shout: lol

It might be due to stress. Im not eally an expert on bettas but if it was stressed with the 4 hour car drive and then put into a new tank might have stressed him. To be honest try asking on the betta thread. The people on there are betta crazy and can answer all your questions :good:

Most reactions

Back