Betta Falx

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

-Rob-

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
have 8 of these, very similer to my betta simplex, as these are also mouth brooders.

09022010790.jpg

09022010794.jpg

dont know if the same rules apply to splendens - and I have two huge females (two of your littlun lol)

My other half reckons a boy :unsure:

dont know if the same rules apply to splendens - and I have two huge females (two of your littlun lol)

My other half reckons a boy :unsure:

nah see with splendens they build bubble nests, these the male holds the eggs in his mouth, so useually has a much larger head, tho saying that it can be hard when there young, as these are, with my simplex i can now make out what is male and female as there older, but these falx, bit tricky at mo.

Hi -Rob- :)

Once again, another interesting wild species! Where have you been finding them?

Hi -Rob- :)

Once again, another interesting wild species! Where have you been finding them?

Ebay lol :lol:

its very hard to find wild betta here in the uk, your lucky if most LFS stock anything other then VT's with some CT's maybe female betta's if your lucky !

It's pretty much the same here, -Rob-. I bought the two wild species I have from a member of the aquarium society I belong to. I was very lucky to have been able to get them.

In the US, Mark Denaro of Anubias Design gets a lot of interesting fish and sometimes has wild bettas.

One of the falx males is now holding eggs too :hyper:

all while co-habiting with Female splendens in my QT tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back