Baby Guppys

smyth19

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Just wanna say, i noticed one of my guppys looking really really large this morning, so i opted to put it in my fry tank were i have already got 11 3 week old guppys, and have just noticed it having young! i've noticd three at the moment but shes still really large and hopefully alot more to come!!

And noticed about 6 in my other tank!!

Cheers Joe!

they just can't be stopped, can they? :D
I've got too many livebearer fry, I don't even put them apart anymore, but they don't get eaten anyway...
well, up until now, I got some pelvicachromis taeniatus (looks like kribs), and they do eat the fry...
finally some birth control

actually, I don't like it if they get eaten, but I have nowhere to put the fry, I'm looking for places now to put 80 of them :/

Yeah thats true, when they start there is no stopping them! I've noticed even more of them from my first post, and also noticed the mother trying to eat them, but as you said they can handle themselves very well from they are know age!!

Goodluck with the homing of yours!

Cheers Joe!

Only eleven, I have two guppies, one male and one female, then she gave birth to 32 babies, put in sep tank, and then one month later a further 45, and then one month later, she gave birth to two and died, poor thing, i think the babies got stuck cos she was huge, i think she would have had 60 or more.
any way the first 31 have been sold just my red left from that lot, and only 10 of the second lot left now, see attached pic. well i would it i could.
They will reproduce at a rate of knotts unless you do something all mine are sexed at one month old and seperated.

I've just checked this morning and there is about appox 60 fry in my wee 6.5 gallon fry tank. Very pleased with my wee female guppy!

Joe!

Most reactions

Back