Attaching Backing Picture To Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Richie Hell

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
What's the most effective way of attaching a backing poster to the outside of a fish tank?

I had ours taped on with sellotape round the edges, but this wasn't very tight and condensation seems to have run down between it and the glass, creating large blobby water marks that aren't very attractive and I think they scare my Betta.

I've taken it off now and given it a good clean, but I'd like a way of attaching it more securely and that will prevent this problem from recurring.

Any ideas?

if you really like the back drop, you could pull it tight to each side and hot gule it, but remeber it will be kinda tricky to do it, one side at a time would be the easyest way..but remeber it will hard to get off. :)

Yo!

Make sure the surface of the glass is DRY and clean.
Make sure the visible surface of the backgorund is DRY and clean.

Cover the glass (or the background) with a thin film of vegitable oil (or vaseline).

Put on glass. Hold it in place with a long continual strip of sellotape all the way across the top edge of the backing.
then sellotape a long strip down each edge, top to bottom.

et viola!

Andy

My lfs sold me some double sided rectangular patches to stick the poster on with, after i had stuck it to the outside of i tank i read the instructions, it told me to stick it on the inside :blush: :blush:

I wrote a fairly lengthy and very thorough how to on tank backgrounds. Don't know where it went though :(

If your tank is not already full or you can afford to empty it jewel do some great backings that you can silicone to the inside.These look miles better than the poster versions you stick on the back. :good:

I wrote a fairly lengthy and very thorough how to on tank backgrounds. Don't know where it went though :(

I remember critisising your use of veggie oil in that post, but if you see my tank, I bought a backing and used your very post to put it on. Veggie Oil worked a treat. Forgive my tongue and you were right it doesn't smell.

Many Thanks

Those Jewel backgrounds are OK for small tanks but if you need 2 pieces then you can see the join which I think ruins it.

I remember critisising your use of veggie oil in that post, but if you see my tank, I bought a backing and used your very post to put it on. Veggie Oil worked a treat. Forgive my tongue and you were right it doesn't smell.

Many Thanks

Those Jewel backgrounds are OK for small tanks but if you need 2 pieces then you can see the join which I think ruins it.

Hooray!

Last post of this page: http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showto...170411&st=0

I just used small pieces of blue tac, this works fine and then you dont get the sellotape going old and brown.

If you use veggie oil, the colors are MUCH brighter, you dont get dust in between the back of the tank any the picture, and it is permanently temporary. Just peel it off and give the tank a good wipe :D

I just slid mine into the gap between the base and the glass at the bottom and the hood and glass at the top, works fine

Aaron

Sob, I tried vegetable oil but I still have blotches. Can't seem to smooth them out either.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back