Askoll Pure Xl

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

hi guys i have one of the l tanks for a month or so , i have sand in the tank very happy with the looks etc however water always seems to have particles floating just wondered what you guys thought and what substrate you were using

hi guys i have one of the l tanks for a month or so , i have sand in the tank very happy with the looks etc however water always seems to have particles floating just wondered what you guys thought and what substrate you were using

Have recently got the XL too and have particles floating in the water it seems. Will this go? Not sure if its the light creating the cloudy look.

Does anyone know how the light is for growing plants?

I'm at work at the mo but from memory. Push the reset button for a few seconds till the LED flashes and release it to reset any current programme. To set the memory make sure the light is off. Hold down on the on/off button (light comes on) the LED flashes and then push the other button (whilst still holding on/off) for the amount of hours you want to the delay to last. i.e. if you set it at 11am and push the delay once it will come on at 12pm everyday, push it twice and there will be a two hour delay from 11am. Release the on/off button once you have done this and the LED will flash to confirm memory has been programmed.

Whilst the light is on, hold down on/off and repeat the above to set the light to switch off. Hold down on/off till the LED flashes and push the other button 9 times and this will give you 9 hours of light. Let go of the on/off button and the light goes out, LED flashes and you're programmed.

Hope this helps. Instructions are in the book and a must admit it took a couple a cups of tea and a bit of experimenting before I cracked it.
Hi...if these instructions are for the M or L size Askoll Pure Tanks then I think you'll find they are different to the XL, I own the size M & XL & the light timer buttons are completely different...I've also had lots of problems when it comes to setting the timer to the daylight hours I'd prefer on the XL - infact it's currently been switched off a week because it is stuck in the BLOC position and now it's refusing to allow me to start the timer system...I'm probably going to have to return it...I'm fed up of trying & their 3 finger tabs tap opening method is completely over the top!
If I had athritis or any similar medical condition, I'd have no hope - why they haven't simply put an on/off switch on it is beyond me??
The M size tank has been trouble free since day 1 & quiet.
But the XL has been the exact opposite & it's noisy, the cover vibrates & buzzes terribly loud & suddenly at night!!

I have no idea about this brand of tank, but I do have 30 years in with killies. How that water will go depends on which species appeal, but I have often used rainwater in mixes. You need a reliable source of rain (can't always trust that sky!) and I ended up with Reverse Osmosis for the winter, when we have pollution trapping snow.
You also need a tds/conductivity tester - very cheap as tools go.

The point made about emergency water changes is a good one, but if you stay with a routine of weekly changes, the odds of ever having to do that are close to zero.

pH down is almost always a major error - what goes down usually bounces back up, and roller coasters are bad for killies. If it's already doing nothing, the buffering minerals in your tap will always win.

How tight is the cover on that brand? Killies jump.

Most reactions

Back