Arius jordani (Silver Tip Shark, Columbian Shark)

I wouldn't say RTBS nip fins although they are agressive. Mine chases my tetras occasionally and quite vigorously doesn't do any physical damage. This habit can cause stress though hence their reputation, they are a risk!

nshockeyplaya said:
Yea ive been so close to doin the same Danny beleive me :lol:

Anways im planning on stocking it with

1 Oscar
3 Bala Sharks
1 Black Shark
4 Clown Loaches

(not final but thats what im thinking right now)
Black sharks become extremely aggressive as they get bigger. A black shark would probably kill some of those fish :/

You probable got lucky before, black sharks are very agresive and should be kept by there selfs, can't rember what size they get to was it 2ft? but if they get to 2ft and yours was 15" it was probable still quite "tame" and had more agresion to come.

CTS go for a rainbow shark these tend to be less agresive and more suitable for a community tank. although if your stocking with cihclids that can take care of themselfs you could go for either.

Columbian shark cats NEED a brackish set up....full stop.......no questions asked!!

Yea i know they need salt so im ditching that idea though. Paul when my shark gets to around 15" again, ill just giv him to my LFS, theyll pay me around 40-50 bucks for him and they can house him in there nice 250g tank :D

I have two columbian sharks in an 80 gal. brackish with some scats. The sharks are eaters, I've seen them attempt to eat the scats but fortunately they won't fit into their mouths. They aren't aggressive fish but they are constantly searching for food. Only keep them with fish that they can't eat.

I'd say they prefer a sand bottom since they comb the floor looking for food. A long tank is more important than tall since they are powerful swimmers. If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me :D

Most reactions

Back