Are my BABY mollies pregnant already???

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Sassygrrl

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am currently breeding Mollies (Sailfin's, Lyretail's, Albino's, etc. I have my tank information listed below. About a week ago I added about 20 of my still very young babies to the community tank with the father and 3 of the existing baloon mollies (1 M). I may be insane, but I swear that I see some of them PREGNANT already?! How can this be possible? :huh: They are only 60 days old, but they are very well fed and have their ideal tank conditions for their specific species. It's a Molly-only tank.

So... has anyone ever seen baby fish have babies? If they have babies, they would only be a couple months old when they give bith?! I would imagine that would yield only a few fry, but they will have more as they get older right?

Thanks!!

:D are they old enough that you can tell which one is male and which one is female? and why did you decide they were pregnant, are they having some signs of pregnancy? they might be just growing and obtaining a grown-up-like shape!!! hope hearing from you!!!!! ;)

not to be a killjoy..
* 10 gallon fresh - baby Jack Dempsy
* 10 gallon fresh - baby Oscar

hope you have a MUCH bigger tank, and fast. -_-

about your mollies, i get the same feeling when i find one has an abnormally large stomach, i think they are just balloon variations

My littlies have fat guts too. I think of it like puppy fat and they're about to hit a growth spurt. :D

Hey not to steal the thread but i was wondering.. i got baby guppies and their at 1 month old right now and it looks like several are getting dark gravid spots. That is pregnancy right? Or is there always just a black spot there while they are young.

Its just hard to see the baby guppies i got have fry, they would have to be extremely tiny.

It's true! I see the males going after... (gasp)... children! I guess they would only have a few fry themselves since they will be only an inch or so when they give birth. Thanks all!

Most reactions

Back