Aquarium Book

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

zelandonia

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi!

I was considering ordering this book from amazon but wondered if anyone had seen it yet and could let me know if it is worth the money?

The book is:

Focus on Freshwater Aquarium Fish
by Geoff Rogers (Author), Nick Fletcher (Author)
1552979369.01._PE30_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Thanks for any opinions!

z.

That's true, canarsie11!

I think this book may have really nice photographs. It might complement my other fish books well because they have more info and less stunning photos. I was just hoping someone owned it already and could confirm that it is a good buy. Maybe I'll just get it and then I can let everyone else know how good it is! :)
z.

If your looking for great aquarium books, the baensch Aquarium Atlas's are a great addition to anybodies collection!

Tell how the book is :)

Damn...i just wrote a post then my kitten manged to delete in 1 swift swope!!

and again...

How much is that book you have found?

I picked up 2 books at the Plymouth marine centre, ones an encyclopedia which is very good- picture for each fish, compatabily, size in wild size in tank, feeding habits and ease of keeping as in a key along the side. and the oher is a hand book for some good general info. the only thing is the enclyclo... dones't have all fish in there, like aroanas(sp)- the massive predactors!!

The book is listing for about $25 (canadian) not including shipping. I have looked through some of the fish encyclopedia books but those are usually really expensive and I find I can usually find similar info and pictures online. It would be nice as a coffee table book though! I am heading to Vancouver today so won't be on the forum for the next 10 days but will check this thread when I get back! Thanks for the info ~I'll let you know how the book is when I get it!

z.

good advice there, books are handy for looking up species and getting the basic know how on them and seeing what they look like.

the books i picked up give very good advice, or example in 1 (me not remeber now) it says to test for LFS to see if they would turn you down from buying the wrong fish to live togther. It tells you to ask for 2 types of fish that could noway live together, and if they sell em to you don't use them if they refuse you stick with them!!

Most reactions

Back