Apple Snail

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

morgan

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi, I would be grateful for any advice please. I have bought some Interpet (No 9) Anti Internal Bacteria as I have a mollie with popeye. I am worried it may harm my Apple Snail. It does not say in the leaflet that it will harm the snail. I have phoned Interpet but their lines are out of action for queries and I would like to treat the fish asap. Thanks. I should add that I think the Mollie has damaged it's eye, I don't think there is a general problem in the tank.

Alot of medication will effect invertebrates badly. I think it is copper which is the worst, but not positive.
Maybe you could move the snail into another container till you are done treating your tank. After treatment do a water change and then place the snail back in.

Thanks for your reply, I think I will do that. I have never used medication before, believe it or not I have not had any disease before. I have an internal filter (Juwel) and I will have to take out the carbon sponge. I have not done that before either so I hope it doesn't do any harm. :)

In case anybody else wants to know I have managed to phone Interpet and she asked one of their scientists and he said it is ok. I also mentioned that I have a plec and that is ok too. She said if any of the fish or the snail start acting strangely just put the carbon filter back in and it will clear it quickly. :)

Most reactions

Back