Any Tips On Preventing The Return Of Bba?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fintastic!

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Oh joy, oh joy!!!
I got flourish excel a couple of weeks ago and added one capful every other day to my 180 litre tank. It was riddled with manky bba. Within a week I saw a huge improvement. Now it's almost gone. My lovely wood and plants look fab again. I'm also dosing ferts each week.
How do I prevent the return of this rotten stuff? My lights are on 6 hrs a day. Will I just keep dosing the flourish excel even when it's completely gone?

Oh joy, oh joy!!!
I got flourish excel a couple of weeks ago and added one capful every other day to my 180 litre tank. It was riddled with manky bba. Within a week I saw a huge improvement. Now it's almost gone. My lovely wood and plants look fab again. I'm also dosing ferts each week.
How do I prevent the return of this rotten stuff? My lights are on 6 hrs a day. Will I just keep dosing the flourish excel even when it's completely gone?

I would be interested in what you tank specs is (light wpg, filter/flow rates/any media, water changes, co2 injection etc) as I too have this type algae in my 150LT tank and have been trying to get rid of it.

Also, what are you using for your dosing ferts (type daily/weekly dosing)

Once I get some specs ill provide what I have done so far.. which is also coming back after hydrogen peroxide injection..

Regards Steve

I have 2 45 watt bulbs, they're the Juwel high-lite's. The tank is a Rio 180 litre with the internal filter that comes with that tank. The media are the sponges that came with the tank plus my original 2 sponges from my original well-cycled tank.
I dose a liquid fertiliser once a week called Easy-life ProFito when I do my 25 percent water change. I have 12 live plants and some Java moss. It was only when I started dosing the Flourish excel that I saw and almost immediate improvement.
It was all over my wood, rocks and my moss and some of my plants. Now it's very nearly gone. For now at least!

Most reactions

trending

Back