Fish Addict
Reaction score
UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Universe
Hello!

Does anyone know the exact species of this anubias:
IMG_20230423_104652.jpg

IMG_20230423_104709.jpg

IMG_20230423_104719.jpg

Also, my plants no longer have yellow leaves but seem to be damaged. Did my Rosy Barbs eat it or is it a disease? Maybe a deficiency?
IMG_20230423_104727.jpg

IMG_20230423_104750.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hello. Like everything else that lives, age eventually comes into the equation. You have a nice large, Anubias and in time, leaves are lost through the aging process. You just clip off the old leaves and this stimulates new plant growth. As long as you have good lighting, some fish in the tank and are feeding them a healthy diet your Anubias plant will do very well. The plants just need a steady source of nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus. And, change half the water in the tank every few days.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Hello. Like everything else that lives, age eventually comes into the equation. You have a nice large, Anubias and in time, leaves are lost through the aging process. You just clip off the old leaves and this stimulates new plant growth. As long as you have good lighting, some fish in the tank and are feeding them a healthy diet your Anubias plant will do very well. The plants just need a steady source of nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus. And, change half the water in the tank every few days.

10 Tanks (Now 11)
In that case, I will remove some of the worst leaves. I was thinking of getting a pottasium supplement, is that necessary? The problem used to occur with only the anubias on the left but now it is with all my anubias so I assumed it was some deficiency.

That almost looks like Anubias 'Coffeefolia'
Thank you! I used to think that it was anubias nana but all the species look identical :dunno:

Hello again. Anubias plants have the same general shape. The size is the main difference. You don't need to supplement the water for the easy to grow plants. Just feed the fish a good variety of foods, like flakes, small pellets and even a little frozen food from time to time. The dissolved fish waste will feed the plants. Plants and fish require a steady water chemistry and that's done through large, weekly water changes. Keep the water clean and you'll have no problems.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back