Another Newbie Saltie.

I commend your planning but I am afraid dragons can't live on frozen brine shrimp etc. they can only really be called a supplement :crazy: they must have huge amount of copepods - as your tank hasn't got the amount of live rock needed (100lbs) then you will have to supplement your tank at least two or three times a week when s/he is fully grown - so get that culture started now - it's real easy, must be, as I did it :rolleyes: You can buy the cultures from several places - grow rotifers and copepods for your little fellow and you have some chance of success. But just to reiterate, they can not live on frozen alone

Seffie x

:fish:

Seffie cheers for pointing that out, I am aware they can't live on frozen alone, have already ordered more copepods and will be bringing on my own brood also. What I failed to say or explain was that the upside is if one of my deliveries of copepods ever goes missing (until I have bred enough of my own) I can substitute his feeding with frozen for a few days.
I do think the scooters should be renamed as although I was aware of what i was buying and decided to risk it, I do wonder how many more of these little cuties end up starving to death because people see blenny and think oh they are ok in my tank.

There is also a fair few who follow this method of feeding mandarins and dragonets.

[URL="http://www.melevsreef.com/mandarin_diner.html"]http://www.melevsreef.com/mandarin_diner.html[/URL]

Not sure about this way myself but it might be worth a try if for what ever reason I do find I am running low on copepods for a few days.

Oh wow, that is great - thank you so much for posting :good: I know what I will be using my next olive jar for now :kana: going to give the tank six months or so before putting in a pair, I am so looking forward to it :good:

Seffie x

:fish:

Wehay..another upgrade..happens to us all,lol
Larger set ups definately offer more scope and are easier to maintain than our nanos..
Buy as much kit as needed at a time as can be added as you go along, however there are some great value complete set ups out there with everything included...just add water and off you go..
I started wanting simply softies around my ric garden and have now got to adding sps frags...you always will want to try something harder as the system matures so buy the equipment for your final goals to save constantly having to upgrade i say...Good luck and cant wait to see it develop

Your welcome seffie and Tiger, I assumed you would have already known about that way of feeding, glad I could help.

As for my upgrade, I am actually looking at a 60 gallon corner tank, largest I can get in the space i have as I am not ready to give up my tropical tank just yet. I figure thats plenty big enough, will give me plenty of scope for aquascaping fish and corals. I will have a sump fitted under the main tank.

Malayke, the link is very familiar, I have a feeling I bookmarked it a fair few months ago but my computer has crashed since then. Must have completely forgotten about it again.

Have been using it a few nights now, He has only ventured to the edge and taken a little. I am hoping that if I persist with this feeding method, he will come to learn.

My LFS also told me to use some New Era Marine Pellets, she said you can squish and mould them together and stick it onto rock near where the Mandarin chills. As it sticks, they can take their time with it.

Your so very welcome hun, glad I could help after all thats what we are all here for to get help and help where we can.

Most reactions

Back