Am I Overstocked?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

123justin

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a 20 gallon tank with 2 large fake plants and a fairly large hollow castles with holes.

Currently i have...

- 5 Diamond Neon Tetras (the smallest of all the tetras I have ever seen)
- 4 Diamond Guppys
- 2 small baby Angel Fish
- 9 Ghost Shrimp

everything is fine except the Angel fish.

They will grow eventually and eat everything in the tank
IMO they need a 30gallon tank as a minimum and it has to be more then 18 inches high because of their high dorsal fins

I beg to differ sorry dwarf, angels are often kept in pairs in 20 gallons by breeders and non-breeders alike. The guppies should also be fine with the angels, I agree that the tetras and probably the ghost shrimp will have problems, but this depends on the the angels personalities. If the tank was well planted this would help ALL the fish feel more comfertable and give the tetra's and shrimp a better chance if you decided to keep the current stock

Katchan

Thanx for hte replys. I've had everybody in the tank living together for about 2 days now. Everybody is getting along with each other.

Umm, the tetras were in there for 4 days then the guppys and angels and ghost came in.

IMO it is a tad small for the angels. I mean, two 6 inch long, tall fish in a 20 with those other fish doesn't work out. Yes, breeders do it, but, they're breeders :) Breeders keep betta fry in beanie boxes, but we shouldn't all do it :) I'd maybe go for a pair of rams, kribs, apistos or gouramis (dwarf or honey) insted of the angels.

123justin said:
of course.
Goodie. :) I don't know much about angels as I don't really like them, but it sounds like you're doing a really good job of not overstocking and making sure the environment is good for the fish. Kudos.

Most reactions

Back