Algie Problems And Plant Suggestions

DanS

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've had my tank set up since March and things are going well.

I'm doing regular maintenance and keeping the glass free of algie but it seems to be affecting my plants. The algie is like long thin strings that are attaching to my leaves (see photo) and seem to be attached all over the leaves. The plants aren't really looking too healthy which leads me to another question.....

1) What should I do about the algie attached to the plants and decor? Its quite hard to pull off and would rip the leaves, but like I said they're not looking too healthy anyway. (see photo 1)

2) I'm thinking of re-planting the tank anyway, but all my lfs don't have any information on what the plants are. I've attached a photo to show the entire tank. To the left at the front I have the plants with the reddish underside on the leaves, these don't look very healthy and are affected by the algie so i'm planning on removing. Also to the left I have the short plant with lush green leaves that seems to be very successful so i'm happy with that. I'm just looking for suggestions on beginner plants that are low maintenance but will fill out the tank nicely. Any suggestion appreciated, because i really needs names so i can get pics from the net and try to locate in my lfs - there's never any names by the plants so its hard to know what to go for.

Thanks

Dan

PS I've just checked and the plants are far easily viewable on the photobucket pic in my sig...

Attachments

• Algie.jpg
    Algie.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 64

Most reactions

trending

Back