After the cycle?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

22"L x 11.5 W x 17H
I'll take a picture after I do it's first water change and cleaning of media area.
I’ve never kept SAE but have seen them mentioned before on this forum, so I’ve had a quick Google. One site suggests they need a tank of at least 30 gallons, and Seriously Fish states a tank size of 150 x 45 cms as a base measurement. They grow up to 14-15 cms.

Your tank is only 56 x 29 cms. I would hold off buying any of these fish until someone with more real experience of these fish give some guidance. I think your tank is far too small for them.

Ok, how well do I clean out the media chambers on this first cleaning after cycling is done after 3 weeks? Do I rinse the bags of Matrix bio media and its foam holder and vac the junk at the bottle of the chamber?

Ok, how well do I clean out the media chambers on this first cleaning after cycling is done after 3 weeks? Do I rinse the bags of Matrix bio media and its foam holder and vac the junk at the bottle of the chamber?
You wait at least 2 weeks after the filter has cycled before doing the first clean.

When you clean the filter, just squeeze the media out in a bucket of tank water and re-use the media. Tip the bucket of dirty water on the lawn.

I don't know what sort of filter you have but the case should be rinsed out too. Just rinse it under a tap.

I need to silicone up a hole chamber 2 in this AIO Spec. The tank already has water in it. What silicone should I use that I can apply and then patch that hole under water?

Most reactions

Back