African Dwarf Frog Lump

Platinumpete

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My african dwarf frog has a big lump on the back of his neck for about two weeks, it's getting pretty big and he has stop eating. Something is seriously wrong. I have him about a year and a half. There is no discoloration on the lump, the lump is almost the size of his head.

He is in a 10 gallon tank with small fishes. ph 8.0 ammonia and nitrite are in safe levels.
Not looking good.

I did on a search on posts from other forums about lumps of african dwarfs frogs and no one replied with answers. Maybe this rare for them. I not sure what it is, its start out like a small pimple on the top of neck with no discoloration. Now my frog looks like he has an hunchback. He has eaten for weeks and I have been hand feeding him since I got him.

Any Ideas?

hi, I'm sorry your frog died, I couldn't find any info about this lump on your frog, sorry. It would be interesting to know what it was just so we could help if it happened to anyone else. again I'm sorry that it died.

Is it possible it couldve been cancerous? or maybe fluid build up? Sorry about your little guy.

Most reactions

Back