A - Z of ponds please...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Minxnfella

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hiya
My mum has always had ponds (for froggies) and wants one in our back garden now. Next door have thrown a bath out and we decided that sinking the bath was preferable to digging holes through clay, as we don't mind if you see it's a bath.
Here's the question. I want to put my goldfish in it next summer I think, and depending on the weather maybe even the minnows. So, it needs filtration right? So, what is a) good quality and B) cheap. Any suggestions? I just need to know the equipment I'd need for now bearing in mind it's a bath and then I'll probably look second hand.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ta
Helen

I believe one of our members - wotfish? I think, has a boat which is filled with water and in it she has some carp, it sounds similar hopefully she'll check out this forum in the next couple of days because she's probably a bit of an expert. Its hard to ever really have too much filtration in a pond unless its a sort of wave machine!! ;)

I think u may have a problem with things getting in....but then not being able to get back out! lol as the sides are smooth, it may be very difficult to get out. Maybe theres something u could stick around the top of the bath to give some grip? not to sure....

Since when have fish needed to get out a pond?
We were planning on building it up cos my mum wants her froggies again. She loves them :wub: What the goldfish will make of frogs I don't know, but at the moment they're too small to fight too much...I hope.

So, what recommendations for equipment type stuff?
Ta....

Well frogs dont 'live' in the water, i'm sure they need to have acess to land aswell ?

Stickle is right I mean suppose a large animal like say a cat got in there! I'd imagine it would have some difficulty getting out for the safety point of view I'd look into coating the top with something I think:)

No offence was meant stickle....
I am aware that something would need to be done about the sides. the top would be netted so the dogs couldn't go for a paddle and if a cat got in Im sure the dogs would help it out.
Also, we'd coat it in pond paint. Thanks for the advice.

Most reactions

Back