A trip to the fish store!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

lizard

Married Lizard
Reaction score
Residing in a big city in Minnesota, but I'm a cou
No, I didn't come home with anything...except ideas, that is!

I had to go get milk tonight. The grocery store is conveniently located in the same building as the lfs :) I've been wanting to go look at the lfs, to get ideas for what I want to stock my 29 with, so I did tonight.

They had some fish I hadn't seen before:
What they called a Mountain Stream Pleco, called a Bulldog or Rubbernose Pleco <Chaetostoma milesi> PlanetCatfish
What they called a Green Laser Cory, referred to as a Peru Green Striped Cory on Planet Catfish
Two Discus of a Reddish Color

I sort of like the Rubber Pleco. How are they in a community tank? Easy to keep, difficult? Any special requirements?

Seeing the Discus was neat, although I don't know that I want any. I'd never seen The Green Striped Corys were kind of neat. I still like the Blue Rams. They're about $15 each, though. I looked at the feeder fish and found some prettily-spotted Guppies. I looked at the Khuli Loaches and the other loaches they had. Also discovered that they have Ghost Shrimp (well, at least sometimes - they seemed to be out right now) and ADFs. I want some Ghost Shrimp. I've had them before and I really like them.

They have gorgeous planted tanks there, so of course I inspected the plants to try and figure out what I want to put in my tank. I know I want some Java Fern. Any other suggestions?

I'll possibly get a few more Neons, at least one more Panda Cory - perhaps two, and I'm strongly considering Khuli loaches, or perhaps a Common Weatherfish.

I think that's all for now :nod: If I think of more later, I'll post more.

Pamela
aka Married Lizard

Rubbernose plecos stay very small (3") and are good algae eaters for smaller to medium aquariums. Although my recent purchase of a Queen Arabesque Pleco (L-260) has not left me disappointed (mostly because I didn't have to pay for the high price tag)
I would personally recommend Kuhli Loach's, just because I like mine so much :wub:. They are mostly very shy and will hide during the day but come out at feeding time. I made a tunnel for them which they seem to like very much and it also allows me to see them. To make it, I cut a 2 in diameter PVC pipe into a quarter arch, and leaned it against the front of the glass and buried the top of it and left the sides sticking out. this way the kuhli loach's would feel safe hiding in the cave and would also be fully visible from the front glass. :)

Most reactions

Back